RV Insurance in Texas
If you love to travel, an RV is an excellent investment. An RV gives you the freedom to travel wherever you like in the comfort of your own home. When you travel in an RV, you don't need to worry about stopping at hotels every night. You can find a place to pull over for the night, which can save a lot of money. If you plan to buy an RV, you are going to need RV insurance. There are a few reasons why you will need insurance before you drive your RV off the lot.
It's the Law
Under Texas law, any vehicle that drives on the road needs to be insured. When you buy an RV, you will need a valid insurance policy to drive legally. When choosing your insurance policy, you have a few options.
- Liability: This is the state minimum insurance by law. If you cause an accident, this insurance will cover the other vehicle and its occupants, but not yours.
- Collision: This will cover your RV and your passengers if you cause an accident.
- Comprehensive coverage: This will cover you if your RV is damaged by anything other than a collision, such as severe weather or vandalism. It will also cover theft.
If you are caught driving your RV without insurance, you will be fined up to $350, you will lose your license for at least 30 days, and your RV can be impounded for up to 180 days.
Other Essential Coverage
RV insurance covers other essentials that you may not need with your standard auto insurance. These include:
- Contents Insurance: This coverage will protect all the items that you have in your RV. If anything is damaged or stolen, it would be covered.
- Roadside assistance: When you are traveling long distances in your RV, the chances of you breaking down increase greatly. RV insurance will cover the cost to tow your RV to the garage for repairs.
Before picking up your new RV at the dealership, you should contact JD Insurance Group in Beaumont, TX. Our agents can help you purchase a policy that will give you all the protection that you need. To get your policy started, give us a call or stop by today.